20191120 H&S Minutes
- Adoption of agenda
Second: Leigh Anne
- Financial Update (Cathy) – *approximates
Gear order $946
Monster ball $741
Movie night $600+
Recipe in a jar $846
Chloe – 2 new requests
Grade 4 overnight trip $1000 (2/3rd of cost)
*bus cost is 200 up, but Linda was able to find another at $200 less
Kathy Clein $1569 march 17-18th
Mrs. Marion March $1535
Both teachers will suggest parents donate money to the trips.
Cathy move to approve
All in favor.
- QFHSA updates/other (Brian)
- Brian: some H&S schools said that the money raised by parents is owned by another body other than H&S.
- At a Chelsea H&S meeting, somewhere from school board, sent to the principles sections of education act to deal with schools that have no H&S group. The suggestion was to have large forms for every event, push back that parents are not going to fill those in. Schools can give a receipt, but not a tax deductible receipt.
- Mike Duggan still has 18-20 K reserved for south hull H&S, we need a two week period to raise the funds.
- Playground committee meeting, parent sub-committee group, Thursday November 28
- Website update (Kathleen) and Membership
- Monster Ball (Ahmed)
- Great success
- Movie Night (Chloe)
- Chloe: went really well, small issues, ran out of food, sold all the hot dogs, no juice boxes, we played angry birds 1 (not two). One child threw up, but made $680.
- Holiday Bazaar – tucqes for sale at bizaar
- Tanya – there are going to be backed goods and coffee and tea, chips as well, we also did kids crafts
- Chloe: We also had a raffle table, we had kids crafts on the same table for sale, also selling hats, Kathleen is in charge of raffle items
- Leigh Anne: there was a thread on facebook for baked goods for spring garage sale, join it for the bazaar and start it up again (to Tanya)
- School Gear update
- New order in Spring, for kinders and other items, staff jackets and zipped hoodies
- Recipe in a jar
- Ends Sunday- easy fundraiser
- Sock Fundraiser
- Chloe + Cathy: “Hype Socks” run fund raisers similar to our school gear, they are branded sport socks. The more you order the cheaper they are 200-300 pairs we pay $9.25 , so we could sell they for more. Sample is arriving soon
- Revisit in January when we see the sample.
- Spending of earmarked Funds (Cathy + Chloe)
- Earmarked funds in 1 school year that are not spent, they are not rolled over unless they ask.
- Brian: need to have an allocation for the funds in the account, 500$ is fine, more than that should be allocated ahead of time because CRA or Revenue Quebec an audit anyone.
- Photos of earmarked Funds
- Someone should take photos of what events and purchases we have so that we have something to show parents, newsletter,
- Chloe: to Celine- can we add another page / space at the end of the newsletter
- Brian: Provincial newsletter, we could put more pictures of the kids/volunteers/events
- Lucie and Linda
- Cathy: we send them so much stuff to copy, distribute, approve some money to get them something, wine/gift certificate at David’s tea.
- $50 certificate for each.
- Round Table
- Leigh Anne: Winter Dance?
- Chloe: family spaghetti dinner night with kids, not drop-off.
We could also do a dance party for the older kids
- Next Meeting
- Meet and have dinner and socialize, reserve a table at the British and hold it there?
- December 3rd, Tuesday – 6:00 pm